We’ve been working on a few small projects. First, I experimented with a quick no sew pillow cover. Basically, you wrap the pillow rather like you would a present and seal the edge along the back with liquid stitch. I wasn’t sure how it would hold but, after a week of hard abuse by the kids it’s still holding up. Success!
The kids, especially Ezra, are big into patterns right now. When I happened to dig out the ol’ klutz loom and loops they dove in experimenting with making chains, necklaces for their friends, and, of course, hot pads for us to use while camping.
Another recent quick project was a poncho for Noah. Since it’s made of fleece it doesn’t need to be sewn. We measured his arm span and cut out a square (in this case 37.5 by 37.5), then fold it in half (so it looks like a triangle) and cut out a half circle about 5 inches wide in the middle (we traced an upside-down bowl). He didn’t want frilly edges so that was it- done!
On the crafting front, I give you a couple more baby knits. Which means more baby photos!
Miss Molly Stark is wearing her Pebble Vest which I modified to make it super tiny and fit a newborn. She has just about outgrown it now. I made this pebble vest previously, which fit Ezra at 21 months, however I managed to put it through the wash and felt it. It shrunk a LOT; Molly will be growing into it in no time.
Since this pebble vest is so small I gave it 4 buttons and made a small loop to fasten the button over the shoulder. The back is also a tad wider than the front.
And a few more photos just because. As you’ll see Molly is also wearing these Kanoko Pants. I’d been meaning to knit them for the last two babies and now I finally have.
editing to add this photo, which gives a better view of the Kanoko pants:
In moments here and there I’ve been able to squeeze a little sewing. It’s a little harder than fitting in time for knitting as I have to have the space and time open for prepping the fabric, cutting out the pattern, pinning and finally sewing- all without those helpful little hands- well, being not so helpful. But with a couple easy “2 hour” patterns I have managed two skirts and a new apron.
Taking pictures of one’s self isn’t too easy so here are only parts of the finished items. The first two are skirts using New Look pattern 6354. The first photo is E and the second F which is a tad fuller. I left off the decorative ribbons.
This one is a See & Sew apron. Pattern B5125 option A. I really like this apron and the fabric. The trouble is I don’t want it getting stained and eventually all my aprons get stained. Ah well.