After all that plain ol’ knit a row, purl a row I was ready for something a bit more interesting. Maybe something with cables, or a lace pattern. I found the Liza Rose Scarflette pattern, free on Ravelry, a perfect fit for a skein of Malabrigo Rio that I had been debating what to do with.
The Liza Rose is a surprisingly quick knit. I cast on Saturday night and finished on Sunday. It does involve 2 different lace patterns, 2 different styles of binding off and a picking up stitches on 3 sides. Despite that I still say it’s a quick and easy pattern. Picking up stitches took the most time but picking up stitches has never been a strong suit of mine. Apparently I had been going about it all wrong.
Now, I did take some photos of myself wearing my new scarflette. However, my arm’s length doesn’t capture my face and the whole scarf so I focused on the scarf. Plus, I’m not very photogenic. I have this horrible tendency to wear weird expressions and have my eyes closed.
Sharing this post with KCCO and Yarn Along